Membership of the Society is open to all those interested in the conservation, cultivation and appreciation of orchids. Our membership year runs from the 1st October annually and the current membership fee is £15 for a single person and £20 for two persons residing at the same address.
Why Join the Society?
Full membership benefits include:
- Regular Scottish Orchid Society meetings in Edinburgh and Glasgow, with presentations, practical sessions and orchid table shows where orchid enthusiasts can meet, see spectacular plants in bloom, socialise and exchange ideas.
- Monthly updates by email including our own members’ newsletter containing Scottish Orchid Society news and member’s plant phtographs, plus articles catering for beginners and experienced growers alike.
- Access to regular Scottish Orchid Society members ZOOM meetings.
- Access to our exclusive members Facebook and WhatsApp groups, for orchid chat and advice anytime.
- Free advice and growing tips from local experts.
- Newsletters and access to online meetings from other Societies we are affiliated to, including the British Orchid Council and the Orchid Society of Great Britain.
- The opportunity to purchase orchids rarely available through other usual outlets, and share or exchange plants with other members.
- Exclusive access to our library of orchid books and other orchid-related digital resources.
- Reduced price admission to the Malvern International Orchid Show, the largest orchid show in the UK.
- Opportunities to show your own plants for judging at regional society and UK orchid shows (on a voluntary basis)
- Summer field trips, for example to see native Scottish orchids in flower.
How to Join
Download our membership application form* and either:
- bring it to our next meeting.
- post it to our Treasurer, address is on the form.
- email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer. Please do not send cash through the post.
* PDF file requires Adobe Reader or equivalent.